TOOLS AND REQUIREMENTS
Not all the tools below are essential, but nevertheless handy to have when working with polymer clay.
- Thin, sharp tissue blade (plastic knife for kids)
- Good quality craft knife preferably with interchangeable blades
- Ceramic tile, glass, stainless steel or marble surface
- Stainless steel, acrylic or marble roller
- Various tools for sculpting. Metal is a better option for polymer clay.
- Polymer clay machine or a household pasta machine (optional, but handy)
- Shaped cutters
- Wooden guides/ dowels
- Piercing tool
- Bead rack/ household sponge or aluminum foil
- Metallic and Pearl rub-on powders
- Texture sheets or embossed paper
- Rubber stamps
- Baking tray or dish dedicated to polymer clay work, or a smooth ceramic tile.
- Domestic oven
- Miniature metal grater.
A lot of items can be found in and around the house, keep your polymer clay tools separate from food utensils.